Re: Sad news - RIP Roy

Postby rv8 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:19 pm

BRAW
" its never the coil............."
rv8

Postby Monty-4 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:51 pm

Sad news.

It'd odd to think that because of the nature of the internet, he will continue to help those who search for it for years to come. He was so generous with his time and left quite a considerable legacy.
Monty-4

United Kingdom (uk) UK Scotland (.j)

Postby MickEssex » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:37 am

We have now created a new User Group on the forum for deceased members, this new group ensures that the account of anyone who has passed away gets locked down, so members cannot send PMs etc to the accounts which could automatically send email notifications to family members which can be distressing. All posts, signatures, avatars and profiles remain intact and are displayed as usual but with a colour change to their username and the text 'Deceased Member' included to remind people that they cannot reply to posts etc.

If you have any information regarding deceased members, then let one of the team know so that we can make the necessary changes.

Mick
RagnarImage Previously owned Cassie Image Julie Image
MickEssex

Awards: 8
Contributions 2011 (1) Contributions 2012 (1) Contributions 2013 (1) Contributions 2014 (1) Contributions 2015 (1)
Contributions 2016 (1) Contributions 2017 (1) MMO Annual Award Winner (1)

Great Britain (GB) UK Essex (.m)

Postby Millerman » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:04 am

MickEssex wrote:We have now created a new User Group on the forum for deceased members, this new group ensures that the account of anyone who has passed away gets locked down, so members cannot send PMs etc to the accounts which could automatically send email notifications to family members which can be distressing. All posts, signatures, avatars and profiles remain intact and are displayed as usual but with a colour change to their username and the text 'Deceased Member' included to remind people that they cannot reply to posts etc.

If you have any information regarding deceased members, then let one of the team know so that we can make the necessary changes.

Mick

Mick, very good idea. Will prevent any upset to the bereaved family by "odd" people
Millerman

Awards: 1
Contributions 2011 (1)

Wales (wl)

Postby mrbenn » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:24 pm

I can only echo what everyone else has said. What a sad loss to us all.

Roy would always help anyone if he could, he has certainly offered advice to me on many occasions over the 15+ years that I have had my Minor and it has been gratefully received. What a shame I never met him in person.

Sincere condolences to his family.

RIP Roy :(
mrbenn
What magic door?

Awards: 2
Contributions 2011 (1) Contributions 2012 (1)

Postby Islipminor2 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:17 pm

We didn't always agree, but Roy was a key member of this forum and particularly the MMOC forum as well and will be very sadly missed.

RIP and my very best wishes Roy.
Richard
Islipminor2

United Kingdom (uk) UK England (.g)

Postby moggiesu » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:57 pm

May he rest in peace.
moggiesu

Postby snowmanbill » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:24 am

I'm ashamed to admit that my visits have become ever more infrequent recently. Especially ashamed as I missed the passing of my great friend and confident Roy. The great garage in the sky will be feeling the benefit of your wisdom and sage advice.
snowmanbill

Awards: 6
Contributions 2011 (1) Contributions 2012 (1) Contributions 2013 (1) Contributions 2014 (1) Contributions 2015 (1)
Contributions 2016 (1)

Scotland (sf)

Postby ndevans » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:08 pm

Blimey, only just found out!

Rest in Peace dear chap, we never met, but clearly share two common interests. Never been to Bo'ness, might have to make a pilgrimage in 2017.

It's never the coil.

Cheers N
N D Evans

https://flic.kr/s/aHsjDY4xbd

MOG STATUS:- SUSPENSION RECTIFICATION
1969 Traveller
ndevans
Man of Granite

European Union (EU) UK England (.g)

Previous

Return to Electrics, Instrumentation & Security