Last post

Some rules, smallprint & FAQ's

Last post

Postby Nourish » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:29 pm

When viewing the different sections, why aren't the messages in order of the latest 'last post' order as in most forums, some of the top posts are months old if not more.
Nourish

Awards: 1
Contributions 2016 (1)

England (en)

Re: Last post

Postby MickEssex » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:41 pm

In some sections there are 'Pinned posts', these are regarded by The MMO Team as important posts that need to remain at the top of the page, rather than disappear off the first page. Pinned posts are denoted by a green pin on the top left of the post icon. The posts that follow any pinned posts are in date order with the newest at the top.

Hope this helps.
RagnarImage Previously owned Cassie Image Julie Image
MickEssex

Awards: 8
Contributions 2011 (1) Contributions 2012 (1) Contributions 2013 (1) Contributions 2014 (1) Contributions 2015 (1)
Contributions 2016 (1) Contributions 2017 (1) MMO Annual Award Winner (1)

Great Britain (GB) UK Essex (.m)

Postby Nourish » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:21 pm

How do I get to see the newer posts - there are way too many 'pinned posts' to search through every time.
I put in a post - 'Gas refill in Bristol' in the Genearal Mog Chat section on Sept 16th 2016, the first post without a Green Pin is dated 1st march 2016 and the second is dated 2nd jan 2009 - I can't find my post - can anyone else? - no wonder nobody's reading it!
Surely this a forum and not a library.
Nourish

Contributions 2016 (1)

England (en)

Postby The vast minority » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:15 am

The view new posts link is what you want. See the expanded screen shot below. This is a screen shot of the home screen, the link is right there with view unanswered posts / view unread posts/ view new posts/ view active topics.
It's the only way I search. If you then want to view the home page to look back at old posts just click the main MMO logo in the top left.

Once you have opened that new posts link, save it as your desktop link to the forum and hey presto, every time you visit you will see only new posts.

You can also search only your own posts, the link is also in the included screenshot. Look above the date on the homepage, it's right there. However I wouldn't recommend using that as you will miss everything else.

Note the below is just a picture, the links won't work. Visit the home screen yourself and then use the above instructions.,

Easy as that.
Al

image.png
:kermit: Nothing finer than a Morris Minor
The vast minority

Awards: 4
Contributions 2014 (1) Contributions 2015 (1) Contributions 2016 (1) Contributions 2017 (1)

United Kingdom (uk)

Postby Nourish » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:05 am

So I updated my post (Maurice - a very long term project) in the Long-term Projects & Showroom.
Now going back to see where my post is I find one post at the top of the page with a green flag 'The resurrection of my poor rusty moggie Van '.
The rest of the posts on this page (some dating back to 2013) do not have a green flag and mine is nowhere to be seen - why is this?
Nourish

Contributions 2016 (1)

England (en)

Postby MickEssex » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:26 am

Looking in the Projects forum, your post is directly below the pinned post you mentioned above, so I can only conclude that your personal account settings have been changed from the default.

You can change this by going to your 'User Control Panel'.

Click the tab for 'Board Preferences' then click the link in the navigation pane for 'Edit display options'.

The default values are as follows:

-----------------------------------------------------
Display topics from previous days: All topics
Display topics ordering by: Post time
Display topic order direction: Descending

----------------------------------------------------
Display posts ordering by: Post time
Display post order direction: Ascending

Make any necessary changes then click submit, You should now view the listings the same as I do.
You can also change these settings at the bottom of the topics page, but your choices will not be remembered between visits.

Hope this helps
Mick
RagnarImage Previously owned Cassie Image Julie Image
MickEssex

Awards: 8
Contributions 2011 (1) Contributions 2012 (1) Contributions 2013 (1) Contributions 2014 (1) Contributions 2015 (1)
Contributions 2016 (1) Contributions 2017 (1) MMO Annual Award Winner (1)

Great Britain (GB) UK Essex (.m)

Postby Nourish » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:26 pm

That's better - Thanks Mick
Nourish

Contributions 2016 (1)

England (en)

Return to About This Board