Adrian Flux insurance.

Recommend your favourite supplier here

Adrian Flux insurance.

Postby austin » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:05 pm

Should I change from RH to Adrian Flux insurance to save £6?

The RH price is ok at £60, though they annoyed me with them expecting me to read the 50ish sides of A4 they posted to me.

Today someone phoned me from a company 'representing Adrian Flux'. They spent ages taking all my details then put me through to another company to get the quote. They had to take all my details again and put me on hold for a while to then say they couldn't give me a quote. Two minutes later the first lady phoned again to say that Adrian Flux could give me a price so she put me through to them, where I had to give all my details yet again. By this time my battery was going flat on the phone so they said they would email me with a quote. Half an hour later I got a text with a quote just £6 below RH.
austin

Re: Adrian Flux insurance.

Postby cmea » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:57 pm

Up to you - £6 dose not sound much but that is 10% different! I am pleased with RH, but Adrian Flux are also very good. Depends on the small print, my insurance is unlimited mileage, has just started building up a no claims and covers me third party to drive other (insured by someone else) cars. You might also find one is better than the other for travelling abroad (if you do that) or for free recovery. Both are reputable and pay out on claims plus I believe both have the option to buy the car if it becomes a write off (very handy when the value is low and a garage would effectively write off a car for the price of a wing, bumper labour and respray!).
cmea

Awards: 3
Contributions 2011 (1) Contributions 2012 (1) Contributions 2013 (1)

Postby The vast minority » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:13 pm

Service is more important than price (to me anyway) I would advise not to move the busines if you are happy with them.

All the hassle you have just described with your time and effort on the phone, is that really worth going through for a poorly octopus?

I would say not.

Al
:kermit: Nothing finer than a Morris Minor
The vast minority

Awards: 4
Contributions 2014 (1) Contributions 2015 (1) Contributions 2016 (1) Contributions 2017 (1)

United Kingdom (uk)

Postby bmcecosse » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:11 pm

I would be surprised if you are 'building a no-claims' - not a normal feature of Classic Car Insurance. I would stick with RH (indeed I am with them) - because next year you will likely find the AF quote has risen substantially.

bmcecosse
Deceased Member
Deceased Member

Awards: 2
Contributions 2012 (1) Contributions 2014 (1)

Postby cmea » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:38 pm

If you have renewed With R H recently part of the 40 odd pages of A4 said that with their new parent company you now start building up no claims (well it did on my policy)! I was surprised but that was one of the changes to the policy
cmea

Postby cmea » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:59 pm

Well, just received a PM as below:

"Hello cmea, I hope you don't mind me contacting you by private message. I work for Hiscox (owners of RH) on the RH Insurance account and I have seen your recent thread on the board about the volume of paperwork, and this sounds alarming to me."

Basically he goes on to say that if too much paperwork was sent they will look into it as 40 sheets to fill in is not acceptable. I replied that perhaps my comment was misleading as the 40 sheets (probably not that many) were not for filling in but were the policy details (you know all that whether you are covered in a nuclear war and such). And if fact I was more than happy with the service and value that I have received from RH.

It goes to show that RH are the company to go for because not only are they one of the most competitive, but they care enough about the personal service to even contact individuals via the website so that they can improve. I bet you dont get that with the dark sides recommended supplier of insurance! So anyone thinking of renewing, definitely check out RH and if it is £6 more I would still go with them because they care about the individual and offer such a good service.

I would like to point out that I am not benefiting from this plug (well not yet anyway - Scott, please feel free to PM me a discount code!) :D nor do I work or have any connections with insurance, but just want to share what I believe to be a great value service.
cmea

Postby ruairidh » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:26 pm

I too would not go past RH as have had no issues with the modifications that are on Charlotte and that were on my traveller. :D
Be all you can be
ruairidh

Awards: 2
Contributions 2012 (1) Contributions 2013 (1)

Scotland (sf) UK Northern Ireland (ek)

Postby austin » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:43 pm

I was also contacted my private message, and asked for my policy number so they could look into the matter of all the paper bumph. After renewing I was sent another eleven sheets of A4 paper, including the certificate of insurance. It does seem odd, but at least they are listening to us.
austin

Postby MickEssex » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:49 pm

Everyone who commented on the paper issue was contacted by Scott. He also contacted The MMO Team asking for permission to use the account to help our members with any issues they may have with RH Insurance policies. Permission was granted.
RagnarImage Previously owned Cassie Image Julie Image
MickEssex

Awards: 8
Contributions 2011 (1) Contributions 2012 (1) Contributions 2013 (1) Contributions 2014 (1) Contributions 2015 (1)
Contributions 2016 (1) Contributions 2017 (1) MMO Annual Award Winner (1)

Great Britain (GB) UK Essex (.m)

Postby austin » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:16 pm

Mick, this is interesting but I wonder where you get this information from. Are you part of the MMO Team? I always find it odd in forums like this that the administrators don't tell us who they are.
austin

Postby DaveS » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:44 pm

Hi and if you don't mind I'll respond to that.
No secrets on here as that is one of the main aims of the site we are all equal members to share our interest.
If you go to the opening screen when you log in, then page down to the bottom it gives details of who is online and moderators shown in green.
Click on the moderators which will give you all the details of who is who.
Great question and thanks for asking. All mods open for any queries comments you may have to ensure you have all the info you need.
Regards and enjoy the site.
Dave
DaveS
Duffer

Awards: 7
Contributions 2011 (1) Contributions 2012 (1) Contributions 2013 (1) Contributions 2014 (1) Contributions 2015 (1)
Contributions 2016 (1) Contributions 2017 (1)

England (en) UK Lancashire (lk)

Postby Panky » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:57 pm

The clue on who the mods are is in the colour of their forum name I think, doing a grand job thanks :)
Panky

United Kingdom (uk) UK England (.g)

Postby MickEssex » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:20 pm

To add what Dave said above, if you go to the bottom right of any page you will see a link for 'The MMO Team', click it and all Mods will be listed.
RagnarImage Previously owned Cassie Image Julie Image
MickEssex

Awards: 8
Contributions 2016 (1) Contributions 2017 (1) MMO Annual Award Winner (1)

Great Britain (GB) UK Essex (.m)

Postby MakeMinorv8 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:33 pm

Hi All,

In my experience RH have always been good to deal with.

AF like to ask for a 'paperwork fee' (£30) at renewal time which they then remove as a 'goodwill gesture' when you query it.

The Minors are with RH and the everyday is with Flux but not for much longer!
2011 MMOC Nationals Custom Class winner
V8 Custom Convertible 'Bumble' currently in long term hibernation awaiting a freshen up..........
MakeMinorv8

United Kingdom (uk) UK Hertfordshire (.h)

Postby austin » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:12 pm

MickEssex wrote:To add what Dave said above, if you go to the bottom right of any page you will see a link for 'The MMO Team', click it and all Mods will be listed.

Thank you! - easy when you know how.
austin

Next

Return to Parts Suppliers & Insurance