I had a couple of hours to spare today and as I'll be taking the gearbox out tomorrow, I did some prep work today, taking the inside cover off etc.
Some of the cover screws were a real pain to get out. That was mainly because someone had forced self tappers into the threaded holes and then rounded the heads off, they were no match for a hammer and mole grips though.
Anyway I got it off eventually and while I was in there I thought I'd take the clutch pedal assembly out as it had a lot of play on it. The shaft is very corroded, so that's on my list for replacement.
While we're busy making plans, life gets in the way.