homeland ID plate

Just like it says, Top Tips & FAQ's

homeland ID plate

Postby Daz » Fri May 17, 2013 2:29 am

Were the chasis numbers sequental even for the export models and those built overseas?
all the UK info groups them into blocks of years without any breakdown of subsets for geographical location.
My Australian ID plate has 2 six digit numbers for "CAR No" the first falls into the range for its year block but that could be a coincidence, and the second does not corolate to any datbase I have seen.
And I cant find the colour per the placard 'TYPE'= FAO51, O is not listed as a color as far as I can find although luckily the ID plate spells out the colour 'cream' for you below as this cars ID plate has 4 fields. TYPE, CAR No, ENGINE No, COLOUR. The Australian Plate seems unique to any of the examples I have seen on other posts and links in this section but is similar to the earlier format although probably used beyond 1952 cutoff.
Daz

Postby Davidward » Fri May 17, 2013 6:59 am

There is a very good book called I think New Zealand Morris Minor. This has the history of the dominion motor company. Minors and other csars were built all over the world. This got round car import tax. Have a search on the net for Minor CKD. The antipodean minoor forum minors down under would probably have a lot more information.
David
Davidward

Awards: 1
Contributions 2013 (1)

Postby Daz » Sat May 18, 2013 1:36 am

thanks I'm searching but I got to say most sites do link back to the UK serial nos page and a search on 'minor CKD' gave me ten pages of sites for a disease in its minor form... ok it means I actually have to pick up a book and read it cover to cover instead of 30 secs on google, its been a while.
Daz

Postby frosty » Wed May 22, 2013 8:07 am

welcome Daz

Have you looked / joined up on morrisdownunder?

plenty of people to answer your query

plenty of info too, it's been the Australian community morris forum since 2003

http://www.morrisdownunder.com/forum/index.php

best,
frosty
frosty

Awards: 1
Contributions 2011 (1)

Australia (au) AUS Queensland (i.)

Postby Daz » Wed May 22, 2013 9:26 am

Frosty,
no but I will, yes I need to bring it all closer to home.
this car was dropped in my lap short notice so I have been scrambling to get info and the nice folks here on MMO have been kind enough to keep responding to my questions but its time to swap the .uk for the .au
Daz

Postby Big Al » Wed May 22, 2013 10:00 am

Daz have a look at the MMO Map of the World, we like to think ourselves more of a .world friendly forum so feel free to keep popping in... :wink:
Big Al
Furry Feet

Awards: 9
Contributions 2011 (1) Contributions 2012 (1) Contributions 2013 (1) Contributions 2014 (1) Contributions 2015 (1)
Contributions 2016 (1) Contributions 2017 (1) MMO Annual Award Winner (1) MMO Top Tester (1)

England (en) UK Hertfordshire (.h)

Postby jimmy-d » Wed May 22, 2013 11:14 am

Hi Daz and welcome to the UK forum from another Aussie member located in Melbourne.There are 2 good forums in Aus,morrisdownunder and ozmorris,both provide a wealth of info.Also,being in Melbourne,there is a company called "The Morris Miinor Company"located in Moorabbin if you are in need of parts or info
If I can be of help drop me a line,Im in Upper Ferntree Gully,3156,outer Eastern subs.
how can you work to a budget when you own a morris minor?
jimmy-d

Return to FAQ's & Top Tips