Since we got Doris, she had to have a new clutch and had a substantial misfire, with eventually a complete loss of compression on one cylinder. I found the head was in a poor state and one valve had burnt through, so the head has been overhauled, with unleaded seats and new valves. I fitted a new water pump and thermostat at the same time and an alternator conversion. After putting her back together there was still a lot of misfiring, so I rebuilt the petrol pump and carb. Still a problem, so changed plugs, points, vacuum advance, condenser,but in the end it turned out to be the coil!
I have just fitted a reversing light and upgraded the headlights to halogen, plus rear seat belts.
She seems good now and we are looking forward to using her a lot more.
I learned to drive in my Dad's 1956 Almond Green saloon exactly 50 years ago this year, so it's all quite nostalgic.