Hire & Reward Insurance

Recommend your favourite supplier here

Hire & Reward Insurance

Postby Big Al » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:17 pm

Hire & Reward Insurance, is there such a thing for classic cars? I truly don't think there is.

I'm with RH and I'm totally happy with what I get by way of cover and premiums for my cars. I have now considered looking at registering with a car hire agent to allow Matilda to be used in magazine photo shots. My neighbour gets the odd job for his Chevy pick-up and he says his agent would be interested in having Matilda on their books.

I contacted RH and after being told they didn't offer such insurance I contacted Scott via the forum. He confirmed this saying weddings were the only option (providing they didn't earn money) but he'd ask the underwriters. They said no as far as an annual cover but would consider each job in turn adding a premium each time. This I thought would be difficult as some jobs may turn up at short notice plus I wouldn't know what the premium would be. I didn't get to ask what it would cover also.

I then contacted Brentacre who insures my friends Chevy to do photo shoots. Although they cover American cars at no extra cost the insurance companies they use for British classics will not do the cover.

I then tried Lancaster and Aldrian Flux. Lancaster said no. Adrian Flux said they would on a case by case basis. Their insurance policy for Matilda was not as good plus adding breakdown pushed the premiums well over that of RH. They quoted £25 to £50 per day for photo shoots. I asked what this extra covered and they said just to go to the shoot. It would not give me any liability cover to protect me from someone falling over the car nor for any damage caused by models et al. I asked if they were serious, apparently so.

So does anyone know if there is such a thing as classic car hire & reward insurance cover. I'm beginning to suspect all those on the books of these agents don't have real cover. How many people use their cars for weddings not knowing you can't charge for the service?

I don't need suggestions as to who to try as most use the same underwriters anyway. What would be useful is if anyone has got real cover for their Morris could they let on.
Big Al
Furry Feet

Awards: 9
Contributions 2011 (1) Contributions 2012 (1) Contributions 2013 (1) Contributions 2014 (1) Contributions 2015 (1)
Contributions 2016 (1) Contributions 2017 (1) MMO Annual Award Winner (1) MMO Top Tester (1)

England (en) UK Hertfordshire (.h)

Re: Hire & Reward Insurance

Postby old english white » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:53 am

Your car would (should!) be insured by the hirers insurance while at their location, studio whatever.
old english white

Postby Big Jim » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:49 am

I have a friend who's barge was used in a Bond film "The world is not enough ". His insurer would not cover him , but the film company did .
Big Jim

Awards: 1
Contributions 2016 (1)

Great Britain (GB)

Postby woodywoodchipper » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:50 pm

liability insurance by the hirer,basically the same as public liability, think this may be where you need to look,

When its done its done (for now)
Derv Turbo Power (Joosed)
woodywoodchipper

Awards: 6
Contributions 2011 (1) Contributions 2012 (1) Contributions 2013 (1) Contributions 2015 (1) Contributions 2016 (1)
Contributions 2017 (1)

United Kingdom (uk) UK Lancashire (lk)

Return to Parts Suppliers & Insurance